Optical in/out covers

boingoman

Anyone know where to get those little plastic things that plug into optical jacks to cover them up? I have lost a few. I'm sure it's not a big deal, but it makes me uncomfortable to see that light, knowing dust is getting in there :p.

lpdeluxe said:
But, why not just tape over the port?

:D

That comes under the heading of "Things you think of right after you hit the Submit New Thread button." Thanks for the offer, I only need two. But I think you are right, a piece of gaffer's tape will do the trick.

The only thing about tape is that if it is sitting there for a long time you'll probably have some gluing gunk residue to deal with after removing the tape.

SonicAlbert said:
The only thing about tape is that if it is sitting there for a long time you'll probably have some gluing gunk residue to deal with after removing the tape.

Yeah. Gaffer's should be good for a year or two, but maybe I'll go with my original plan anyway and drive a woodscrew in there.

:)

maybe I'll go with my original plan anyway and drive a woodscrew in there.

LOL

Boingoman, I found a little plastic baggie in my luxurious studio that has 4 of them in it. PM me with your address and I'll stick 'em in the mail.

lpdeluxe said:
LOL

Boingoman, I found a little plastic baggie in my luxurious studio that has 4 of them in it. PM me with your address and I'll stick 'em in the mail.

Yeah, sure, THAT'S what was in the little baggie :D

While I'm at it, what exactly would be the ramifications of not covering the ports anyways?

Last edited:
what exactly would be the ramifications of not covering the ports

You are opening the fiberoptic ports to bad sounds, bad engineering practices, and bad vibes.

Man, that is SUCH a newbie question!

lpdeluxe said:
You are opening the fiberoptic ports to bad sounds, bad engineering practices, and bad vibes.

Man, that is SUCH a newbie question!
:D

I think they get the bad engineering practices straight from me :eek:

Back