Optical+Analog at the same time (hd24)?

No..... it's either digital input, or analog input. The output, however, appears at both the digital and analog output connectors....

Actually, can't you switch the inputs in pairs? Fro example...... record on tracks 1-8 analog, 9&10 digital, 11-14 analog, 15&16 digital etc....

xstatic said:
Actually, can't you switch the inputs in pairs? Fro example...... record on tracks 1-8 analog, 9&10 digital, 11-14 analog, 15&16 digital etc....
Not sure - I didn't think so.... could be wrong!

Yes You can

Yes you can have both analog and digital inputs. :D I thought you could but i didnt want to say anything before i knew for sure. I just got done testing it. Originally, you had to select either digital or analog. After one of the HD24 updates, (and you do need the update to use this) it lets you select how you want to set up the channels IN PAIRS. (ex. 1-2, 3-4 digital, 5-6 analog, 7-8 digital.) However you want. IN PAIRS of 2 are the key words. You CAN'T have both (ex. channels 1-2 digital and analog) at the same time. Its either or. You can set this up by clicking the "UTILITY" Button on the HD24 until the menu "Util 111" comes up titled "INPUT MAP", and thats where can you change it. As mentioned before the outs however do show up in the digital and analog at the same time.

Well hope this has shed some light. God only knows I have gotten more than my fair share of help from this group.
:D

I am glad that I was right. Basically, I am selling my current HD recorder to get an Alesis and that was the only reason. I was almost bummed for a minute there:P

Yes this was functional after one of the operating system upgrades (version 1.12) and not on the original release

Tony

Back