opposite latency

well i'll be damned, i went to the audio output settings... and i was using the directsound version of my mobilepre usb... so i switched it over to the ASIO ... and now my sync problems seem to all be fixed. however, now i get annoying pops and clicks during playback and recording.. grrrr

Increase your "audio buffer" size until those annoying clicks and pops go away. It'll be a balancing act between latency and clicks and pops, but with ASIO on your side now it shouldn't be too hard to find a happy medium.

ssscientist said:
Increase your "audio buffer" size until those annoying clicks and pops go away. It'll be a balancing act between latency and clicks and pops, but with ASIO on your side now it shouldn't be too hard to find a happy medium.

when i'm in ASIO it doesnt matter what the buffer is, i always have the pops and clicks. even if i set it to its highest setting. when in direct sound version i can only decrease the buffer to 512 samples (11ms) without the pops or clicks. this is only a problem when playing softsynths.... when recording audio i can have the latency as low as 128 (2ms) without a single pop or click.

for right now i guess i can live with the pops and clicks while playing as long as the sync is good, and then just switch out of asio for playback.

any further suggestions or ideas?

hm, i thought asio was suppose to be better...

thanks for the replies and help though everyone, at least i've solved my original problem...

hey riznich. what is it that you are triggering with your midi controller......i mean what specific synth. or does the click/pop thing happen with all synths?

it pops/clicks with all synths. whenever i hold down a note there is a constant popping.. it isn't random, it goes clickpopclickclickclick at a pattern

Back