Opinions on the Karma Prophecy

Potsy24

Has anyone used this mic? The only reviews I can find online are from Karma, and was wondering what you guys thought of it. I'm considering it as a vocal mic.

The only time I've seen someone talk about Karma microphones are when they are talking about their mini drum microphones packages.

:cool:

Yeah, I have a matched pair of K-10s that I'm using for overheads and I love them. It's crazy that they would sound as good as they do for so cheap. That's why I'm thinking of Karma for a new vocal mic. But this one was just released I think, so I may just have to try it out myself. It's only $120 though, so not too risky.

Well the 2003a is getting some great reviews and is no where near the same quality of microphone as the 992. Read up on the "new king of low end LDC" a few threads down from this one.

:cool:

I have a K58, a pair of K6 ribbons, a K35, four Kmicros and a set of Phoenix drum mics that they previously sold. Never had any trouble with any of them, all of the mics sound good. The K6 ribbons are exceptional and the drum mic kit was an amazing bargain. The k35 is a smooth three-pattern mic. I can't say how the new mic sounds. I think that the recommendation for spending a little more money for the MXL 20003A is good advice, even though I don't know what your primary use for the mic is.

Paj
8^)

Thanks Paj, that might be a good idea. I'm not in a huge hurry, so I'll wait and see what people say about the Prophecy. The 2003A is definitely an option, it really sounds like people like it.

Vocals will be the primary use.

Thanks Paj, that might be a good idea. I'm not in a huge hurry, so I'll wait and see what people say about the Prophecy. The 2003A is definitely an option, it really sounds like people like it.

Vocals will be the primary use.

...I have a received a Prophecy for testing...this is one from the first production run (small quantity)...while it seems very good for instrumental tracking (acoustic guitar, mandolin, upright bass, etc) I wouldn't recommend this version as a primary vocal mic...not that it's bad, just not exceptional on voice...I am told there will be important revisions before more mics are manufactured...from the details Karma gave me, the upcoming revised version looks to be very promising...

Back