Opinions on overall mix

timvdwest

Hey all,

I've got a small home (room) studio, and I record random things from time to time. Everything I use obviously is not going to be able to be truly acoustic (i.e drums and guitar amps), so I sample and use amplitube.

I just want to get your opinions and advice on overall sound of the mix I have attached and ideas to make it sound better.

Here is the link:

Thanks.

The balance is good. The acoustics actually sound fine. The kick is kinda' clicky and mechanical, but I understand why.

My biggest beef is with the distortion on the guitars...they're too fuzzy to have any real meat....they come off kinda' "airy" as a result of the gain...That's kind of a nit-pick tho. Sounds good.

Hehe, thanks man.

I'm listening to your stuff as I type this - it is really amazing. I would like to get a hold of all the dics!

You're definately going to have some new fans in South Africa.

I'm moving out of my apartment into a house next month, so I'll have more freedom to use live instruments - will get that drum and distortion sound right then!

Thanks for the input.

That's really nice of you to say, but don't even think about taking advice from me when it comes to electric guitar tones. I'm a hack.

(and a big fan of amplitube, lol)

That sounded really good. I wasn't paying close enough attention to pick out any flaws, but I did catch myself bobbing my head.

I look forward to hearing some more stuff from you!

Back