Opinions on my first song published to the web....

Unfortunately, I can't crank it up right now with the wife sleeping, however ...

This is a great tune. Catchy as well. I'm listening to it right now at a very low volume, but the mix sounds very clear and separated well.

Can you elaborate some more on your recording setup (gear-wise)? Is this a one-man jam, or a band?

If this is your first post to the web, I look forward to hearing more from you ...

Cheers.
Scott

Hi incursio.

Thanx ! I'm glad you liked it. Right now I'm doing it all myself. It takes a while to finish a song but I'm happy with the results and the positive feed back. 4 more tunes should post there in a few days and I'll let you know when they're ready.

My equipment list consists of mostly Roland gear. All my tracking is done on a VS-2480, My drums are Roland's V-Drums with a TD -10 sound module, Keyboards are all Roland JV-2080 sounds and my mics are Roland DR-10s and DR-20s and a couple EVs. There's a bit more but those are the main pieces.

You can go to my site and there are a few pictures of my studio if you're interested.

Thanx again,

FANTASTIC!! Very nice work!! I felt the effect on the lead vocal in "Apple" was just a tad heavy....but then the harmony comes in and it blends so well I didn't notice the effect any more. I would've liked a more "Hammond" kind of sound out of the keys but I guess that's hard to do without a Hammond."Heaven" sounded GREAT....the mix of the bass and drums was one of the best I've heard (on both tunes). Your vocals are excellent. VERY good production. Have you played in local Chicago area bands before going "solo"?

Hi Mac2,
I'm glad you liked the songs.

I've been in a few bands but nothing that really went anywhere. I've been sitting on all these songs for several years now and just decided to get a feel for what people would like. So far it's been good. mostly positive and constructive crit, which is what I was looking for. More songs go up next week. Hope everyong likes them.
Thanx again

Wow! Great songs, great production. Very good lead vocal!

I don't think there's anything I could criticise technically. Maybe the snare sounds kind of draw too much attention in the mix, instead of blending in, sort of. Just not the sounds I would have picked... Ahh, forget it - sounds great!!

- GT

Thanx

schenkerguy,

I used that snare because I liked the way it cut through but, I understand what you're saying. I may do a remix at some point. I have nuch better drum sounds now.

Johnny

Back