opinions? I've been sat on this song for 2 years

skuthepoo

Hi everyone. this is a song i wrote and recorded with my brother (drummer). i played it back to him and he wasnt so keen so we shelved it. and forgot about it.

i was recently reminded of it and thought it would go great on a compilation album ive been working on and sourcing artists for.

so the only downside of the track so far is that the drums arent particularly edited yet so parts are a little messy, and there is no bass. but i actually think its a really beautiful song. im pleased with it now ive had a mix of it with new years after 2 years. i wrote it in a time of need and that time has come around again and im back in the same old spot.

ANYWAY, i'd like to know what everyone thinks.

GREG L: you probably wont be keen haha. just putting that out there. havent posted a song you have liked yet, but i actually would appreciate your feedback as despite your sometimes harsh comments, i think its good to get a critique from someone who dislikes your work :)

well heres the track. let me know what you all think, if you think its any good. its a basic mix/master so its not complete yet. i dont think its like the lead track of the album, i feel its quite a nice filler track. an easy listener. but thats my thoughts!

CHEERZZZ guys and gals

Attachments

• Near.mp3
    6 MB · Views: 6
This is merely a mix problem. It's a good tune.

Mix it like the drummer is dead and doesn't have an opinion.

Drums are mixed super hot during the verses. The choruses are mixed a bit better, but still messy. Most of the glaring problems come from performance issues. The distorted guitars are either clipping, or have some distortion issues... Not sure about that one. Anyway, if you need drums, hit me up, dude.

Back