Opinion on this mix

The cymbals are a bit harsh and it seems pretty small and quiet over all. There isn't much bottom end and when the other insturments come in there isn't much real impact. Try adding some bass and eq the cymbals. Maybe try some reverb to glue everything together and make it sound thicker.

Thanks. Pretty much everything that you said is what i was thinking too, I wanted to see if other people agreed. I've been forced to use headphones lately to mix (monitor speakers are not an option right now) so it's been tough to get things perfect but I appreciate your insight. I'll try out the things you said and I'll probably throw in another guitar too.

The acoustic guitar sounded nice. I think the cymbal might just be a little too loud. The electric guitar had a string or two out of tune.

The acoustic guitar sounded nice. I think the cymbal might just be a little too loud. The electric guitar had a string or two out of tune.

I turned down the cymbals a bit and adjusted the overall volume of the drums since I posted this; as for the electric guitar, I'll probably re-record that. I'm gonna post a revised version of the song later with the cymbals and guitar fixed, as well as another rhythm guitar added in.

At the beginning I would pan the electric center as there seems to be a gap in the middle sound wise. It's a tiny bit cloudy and I wonder of that's compression doing that.Good demo musically !

Back