Opinion on Joe Meek Mic & Pre-Amp?

darrin_h2000 said:
Sounds like ProMeek is pulling a Behringer here. Oh and by the way Alan dont change your last name to Meek, you will go mental and kill your landlord.:D

Well we received a call from Promeek this morning. They have backed off and will cease doing the line. I think that they now fully understand the issues and the potential costs to them if they went ahead.

I expect to see the web site pulled down in a few weeks...

Well, back to the original question. I have no reason to believe that the Joemeek mic is anything more than one more re-branded Chinese mic which can be had cheaper. However to the extent that you can still get Joemeek VC1Qcs or twinQcs, that is a very good channel strip for the price with effective compression (I'm not as impressed by the EQ). It is also one hell of a DI. Aside from vocals, I've been using the twinQ as a DI for an acoustic-electric with a Fishman Prefix Plus, and it is very good. Also goes good with a Rode NTK or Studio Projects C-3. Come on Mr. Hyatt, are you going to continue servicing these puppies or what?-Richie

Richard Monroe said:
Come on Mr. Hyatt, are you going to continue servicing these puppies or what?-Richie

I answered that for you three posts up the ladder...Did you not see it?

Alan did, however, keep mysteriously silent about any potential changes
to the current green color...

Seriously Alan, as you know, I'm thankful you're in charge of keeping
the "Joe Meek" flame burning. It's a shame that Ted Fletcher would
(alledgedly) let people down like this. What a PITA situtation.
I think, however, the (real) Joe Meek line has a very bright future.
Looking forward to hearing more about the new products when
the appropriate time comes.

Chris

If you want that Mark Knopler sound read the current issue of EQ magazine. They discuss how they recorded his last album, mics, processors, etc. Very good read.

We will keep every posted to the progress. I am in the UK after the NAMM Show. I will be getting the built circuits for the new units then.

I expect very good things from the new Joemeek. Yes, it is staying Green....

More later...

Toft Audio Designs

Mr Hyatt I notice on your PMI site a company called Toft Audio Designs, are these very good products? do they go through your quiality control?

Back