Opening projects on a different PC

scantron

I'm having a funky problem while tranferring cubase projects from my PC to my laptop for remote recording.....
When I transfer a project from my PC to my laptop (using the shared folders through my home network), something must be happening to the files (goblins?).. The project window is suddenly shrunk into the upper left corner of the screen and cannot be resized. I can't scroll down or see anything other than a part of the first track. I transfer the entire folder, with all the audio tracks, edits, fades, etc. It seems to happen intermittantly, it's driving me crazy. I use Cubase SX on my PC and LE on my laptop. But I've tried installing either version on either pc and it still happens. Also, my audio files are can't be located when I open up the project. I'll search for them, find them, and it will give me an error stating that the files are an "invalid format". Would I be better off just burning a disk of the projects? That would be a costly pain after awhile. Or would I have better luck using an external hard drive to transfer the files?

Back