OpenGL graphics question

smp

I have been having some visual errors in several FX in Reaper. I recently installed Analogue Obsession BusterSE. Part of the UI is blacked out although it still works. The specs only say "supports OpenGL"...they don't reference a version. I have the NVIDIA Geforce 310 which does support OpenGL 3.1. I see the GT 710 supports OpenGL 4.5. Do you think that would make a difference? Interestingly, the free GOYO vst doesn't work on my machine but gives a NVIDIA openGL error code. NVIDIA said my GPU driver is old and there are no updates so if the software requires newer drivers cannot update the 310, so I was thinking about updating the GPU anyway. Thanks for your opinion.

I upgraded my computer recently and was getting funky glitches on the screen. I turned off video acceleration and that cured my problem. If you have that option, then turn it off in the app and see if that fixes the issue. Since it is a DAW, you don't really need GPU assistance, therefore it shouldn't hurt performance.

Do you have Intel graphics in your system as well as Nvidia? I had a few odd graphics glitches until I set my default graphics adaptor to the Intel one instead of the Nvidia one.

Back