Open for dissection!

Hey MoonRider!

That was soooooooooo nice.

I like it a lot. All of it. It's sad, yet beautiful.

Love it.

Peace...

PC

Pretty nice-good playing-I was hoping it would break out of that progression or do something unique arrangement wise-but it was still a pleasurable listen. As far as the mix it sounded kinda top heavy (high endy) to me-like a bass or some low end key stuff woulda helped round out the bottom end. Is that a strat? Good emotion in the soloing. Welcome.

Stratomaster said:
As far as the mix it sounded kinda top heavy (high endy) to me-like a bass or some low end key stuff woulda helped round out the bottom end. Is that a strat? Good emotion in the soloing. Welcome.

LOL - I started to post this yesterday, then went back and listened "one more time." Which set me wondering if the bass wasn't too overwhelming... so I brought it down in the mix. Have to go listen again tomorrow, and see what shakes.

Indeed it is... Stock mex strat, got it half price because of a showroom ding on the backside. Didn't hurt the way it plays a bit ;)

Glad you enjoyed the track :D

nice shite man. good arrangements and mixing. not a single negative comment i can write about this song. except it would be awesome if like at the middle, the drums got heavier, and it kinda launched off into heavy metal with a high pitched yell followed by a crazy shredding solo then ending the ..... oh sorry, never mind the song is awesome keep up the good work!

Real impressive.Melow and smooth.Ending was weak...too much delay on the lead guitar.I feel it takes away from the playing rather than adding anything,just turn it down.All in all no complaints.I did like outlawtorn's idea.that would be sweet!!

Nice foray into the board. Good arrangement it kind of reminded me of a cross between carlosguardia and Llarion. Watch the guits you got a little heavy handed at times I'm hearing too much attack of the notes at the end.

outlawtorn86 said:
except it would be awesome if like at the middle, the drums got heavier, and it kinda launched off into heavy metal with a high pitched yell followed by a crazy shredding solo then ending the ..... oh sorry, never mind the song is awesome keep up the good work!

LOL - next one I post.... ;)

W.I.S.C. said:
.Ending was weak...too much delay on the lead guitar.I feel it takes away from the playing rather than adding anything,just turn it down.

I agree on the ending. The whole thing was an improvisation that I tracked in about 45 minutes. Then I spent a week scouring this BBS for tips on mixing and EQ.

You guys are a fantastic group of teachers, this was my first effort at any type of recording other than plug a mike into a tape deck and do it live.

Note on the lead guitar - It's the one track I didn't touch at all during mixing - no EQ, no added effects. The delay was done with my Zoom 707, and you hear it just the way it left my fingers. I'd have to retrack it to bring the delay down.

Khompewtur said:
Nice foray into the board. Good arrangement it kind of reminded me of a cross between carlosguardia and Llarion. Watch the guits you got a little heavy handed at times I'm hearing too much attack of the notes at the end.

(note to self - look up the artists mentioned)

Glad you enjoyed it :)

Back