Online Training

siog

Hello all,

I’ve decided that I need some serious training and as there is no college nearby offering courses, I’ve short-listed these online courses. I would be grateful if any of you have taken any of these course or if one stands out as being better for a self-taught ‘engineer’ than others. Many thanks!

Watch the Online Video Course Audio Recording Techniques (US$375.00 per year including exercise files)

Enroll - Recording Engineer School; Online Course for Home Studios and Careers in Pro Sound. (US$299 for online master course/$375 for print and CD course)

RSO Videos: RSO Mixing guides, video tutorials and recording downloads. RSO Expert studio guides on video. (various prices c.$75.00 for modules)

https://www.vtc.com/modules/onlineu/signup.php (Yearly: US$250)

Hello all,

I’ve decided that I need some serious training and as there is no college nearby offering courses, I’ve short-listed these online courses. I would be grateful if any of you have taken any of these course or if one stands out as being better for a self-taught ‘engineer’ than others. Many thanks!

Watch the Online Video Course Audio Recording Techniques (US$375.00 per year including exercise files)

Enroll - Recording Engineer School; Online Course for Home Studios and Careers in Pro Sound. (US$299 for online master course/$375 for print and CD course)

RSO Videos: RSO Mixing guides, video tutorials and recording downloads. RSO Expert studio guides on video. (various prices c.$75.00 for modules)

https://www.vtc.com/modules/onlineu/signup.php (Yearly: US$250)

I have to say, I am self taught and use this site to learn. You might want to try to first, start with some software, go to the Mix This site and first try your hand. It is not structured, but there is a lot of good information here and throughout the Internet.

However, if you are one of those that needs courses, I can understand your desire to go that route. But I have had no experience with the ones you mentioned. I have heard from many the Lynda Training Courses are pretty good. This is in general, but I know that is a legitimate training site. Video Courses take a look at what they have listed on the link.

What, exactly, are you trying to learn? There's many youtube videos you can search out on various subjects.

The problem with online classes, I surmise, is that your listening situation may be very different than the 'studio' used for the course. So when an example of an effect or technique is done, you don't hear the same thing at all in your place.

Back