Online Manual for Sonar 5 studio?

thewanderer24

I just purchased a new PC to be dedicated to only my audio recording. I am having someone build it for me, and purchased Sonar Studio 5 to be placed on there as well. It's gonna be a few weeks until I have the system, though (and thus the Sonar stuff).

I'd like to start familiarizing myself with the software, now. Is there anyplace I can find the manual online?? Or in soft format?

It should have come with a manual.

Aside from that, there's a PDF version of the manual on the actual disc.

Or, as a registered user, you can download it on the Cakewalk website.

ok, i guess that means I have to wait to get my system, cause I don't have any of that stuff yet... Fair enough.
I probably should just get a book for starters.

Well, if you did purchase it as you suggest, it comes with a manual and an online user's guide that you can access from the very computer you are posting from.

You don't need to have Sonar installed to read the manuals it came with.

I purchased it through the folks that are building the computer for me, so I won't see that stuff until the PC arrives in a few weeks.

Anyway, no big deal... I really should get a book anyway.

Unless you're jonezin to do some reading, SONAR comes with a nice, fat detailed book. I'm guessing a SONAR book on the street is gonna hit you for $25 or so.

So, you're saying, I'm probably better off to just wait for the book?? I won't get much more out of one of the other books than I will out of the manual?

I should just call the guy and just tell him to ship me the book...

That would be my suggestion...save a few bucks now and wait to see what the manual doesn't deliver. Only a few times could I not find what I was looking for in the book and even then, I hit the Cakewalk forums or right here at the Homerecording forums and found what I was looking for.

Gettin' anxious huh? ;)

punkin said:
Gettin' anxious huh? ;)

just a little!!!! I have a great friggin toy coming and a few simple but very useful projects in mind doing demos for my own musical work to get me trained on it. It's maddening knowing that I have to wait a few weeks!!!

just wondering, where do you buy a computer where they set up software like Sonar 5 with it? :confused: I bought my computer from one place, then bought Sonar 5 upgrade online for $250.00. It came with a big fat manual. Very nice reading.

jmorris said:
just wondering, where do you buy a computer where they set up software like Sonar 5 with it? :confused: I bought my computer from one place, then bought Sonar 5 upgrade online for $250.00. It came with a big fat manual. Very nice reading.
QUite a few places do that, I think one name is Carillon?

I think this guy is legit i.e. not a pirate. Buy a Garrigus book ( Sonar power). :)

definitely legit.

I don't know that it's appropriate to say specific sellers I am buying from, but it's a company that builds computers for audio applications and also sells some audio gear and software. I figured I'd rather let them get the stuff running smoothly, as it's gonna be a dedicated system for audio, and I am already overcommitted timewise.

Get this:

Sonar power

The author is a member of this forum. I dont know if there is a book for 5 yet, but I am sure there is plenty in this book to keep you busy for a long time.

I have seen these books at my local Borders and Barnes and Noble.

Back