One Very Long Track

DJTNA

Hello All,
I'm a DJ and I just started recording on to my PC. I'm using N-Track and the quality of my recording sounds great, even after I burn it to CD.
My problem is, if I mix 12 songs from my turn tables and record it to my PC, I end up with one very long song instead of 12 songs. I there a way in N-track or any other way I could break that up to have 12 seprate track on the CD? I also need to make sure that when the CD is playing from a home stero, it shows 12 songs not one, and there is no break between songs, the music should keep playing as if I were spinning live.

Any help would be greatly appricated...
Thanks
Anthony (DJ TNA)

I've never used n-track but I'm sure you can do what I'll describe. When you have everything mixed to a stereo pair (I assume you've already gotten this far as you've made a CD) there should be a way to highlight a section of the wave that corresponds to a single song. In the program I use (SoundForge) you would left click and hold it down and drag to highlight the desired section. Cut it out and past it somewhere as a new file and of course name it and save it. Do this until you've cut the entire BIG file into your 12 individual song files. Now when you go to make a CD out of all 12 files, bring them into your CD burning software (I use Adaptec Easy CD Creator) in the order that you want them to play back in. Be sure to burn the CD with DISC AT ONCE. This will keep the burner from inserting that nasty two seconds of silence between tracks so it will play back with no gaps (like one big ass song) but you can still access individual songs with any CD player.

yeah, just cut right where you want to have the new track end/start. and put that on a new track line - just keep doing that (you'll have 12 tracks by the end then).

then, drag them all to start at 0....and then go to the mixdown menu, and select (for example...) only track one (in the advanced menu..)...then mix. Then only track 2, and mix. only track 3...etc.

by that time you should have 12 seperate .wav files - aka your tracks.

finally..make sure you burn the right kind of cd (disc at once)...not track at once...or anything like that. because then you'll have around 2 sec of time between each track.

hope that helps.

Check out Wav Corrector: http://www.wavecor.co.uk/. I DJ also and I used it to break up my 70+ minute mix into 69 tracks. There is some standard interval that must be used to separate the tracks or you'll have problems burning it as a continous mix. The great thing about wav corrector is that it only allows you to split at the required interval. Some other programs will let you split at any point. When you burn it using disc at once the cd burner will automatically cut off at the specified interval causing gaps in the mix. I hope this makes sense.

Back