one room studio question

"opening the door and placing the matterss inside the door frame where the door would normally be if it were closed" Dont think a mattress will fit into that space though. If it does, GREAT, if not lay it against the open door frame like the pic. Obviously you'll have to work out a way of keeping it from falling.

Attachments

• mattress idea.JPG
    mattress idea.JPG
    10.8 KB · Views: 105
I've had rather good results with plain cloth. Curtains on walls. Floor to ceiling. Lots of folds and pleats. I don't have to worry about ceiling angles and room size. I adjust by putting up more, or taking down some. The room stays the same, but the damping changes, and therefore the sound. Take it all down and store it away when I'm done recording. Not expensive.

That will only effect high, and possibly mid frequencies. The hardest to treat are low frequencies, and they are the most problematic.

im sorry, i havent noticed anyone suggest this. If you thinkt he drums will sound really good in the large room why dont you record just the drums in the large room (probably still having everything set up in the small room) and then close mic the instruments you want without the room sound in the other room?

Back