ONe Republic - Apologize (What should be done to make this better)

Marcell Simó

Hey guys,

I just recorded a song which is a cover of Apologize by One Republic. I can hear something is wrong with it but I can't tell what. Please help me with this and tell me your opinions. Be strict :)

Attachments

• apologize.mp3
    4.7 MB · Views: 29
Dude, you only posted an hour ago. Relax. People aren't sitting at the edge of their seats at 10am on a Wednesday morning waiting for someone to post a song.

Oh god.. this was not supposed to be an offensive comment...

No one's offended, I'm just telling you how the place works in general. If you're an active member you'll get tons of listens. If you pop in only to receive and never give, you will be lonely.

Anyway, you sing very well. I don't know the original, so I can't compare, etc.....But it's a very nice song.

I thought the tone on the piano and vocal was nice. Good performances.

I thought the piano was covering was covering the vocal here and there.

Little pop at 1:46.

Thank you!

I also noticed that the piano was too loud so it covered the vocal. Don't you think that my voice needs to be imprved?

Last edited:
Sounds like it could use some light compression to lift those soft spots and lower the peaks.

Play with reverb on the vocals, it sounds dry next to the piano. Also maybe trying raising the vocals on the higher-end of the EQ.

piano is nice, vocals are sung decently but there's too many vocal inconsistencies especially in volume, flame away but i think the vocals are too dynamic.... compress or automate them to make it even out... some parts are too quiet others are too loud... poor mic techniques... but you need to ease the peaks and bring up the valleys...

Not a bad cover tho the original has a lot of production elements that would take a long time to get down. Comparing to the original the only thing that sticks out is the vocal delivery is too timid. You got to let it wail.

The vid I watched had 44,344,469 views for a four chord song. I find that amazing for this song.

Hey man. Nice job, the piano playing and singing are pretty good. The falsetto doesn't really work for me (is it completely in tune?) - it's struggling to be heard above the piano, as are other sections of your vocal. Maybe some eq could help?

Comparing to the original the only thing that sticks out is the vocal delivery is too timid. You got to let it wail.
:listeningmusic:
Overall, good job. However, it sounds a little pitchy in parts and too dry (needs verb). Technically, CMB was very accurate with their response. To be perfectly honest I think the falsetto needs some work before its ready for prime-time. One last tip: it sounds like you backed away from the mic when you hit the falsetto parts. They might sound stronger if you actually lean in slightly just for the few seconds you're hitting them. GL

Back