One Quick Question

Jeyan

I am not familiar with Guitar at all, This may be a dumb question..please try to answer.

Can I use a seperate pre amp for electric guitar?
Will it make a difference in sound quality?

Seperate from what? I don't really understand quite what you are asking here...

An electric guitar is meant to be played through a guitar amplifier. The typical guitar amp has a preamp stage that brings the signal from the pickups up to line level and allows manipulation of the tone (treble, mid, bass) and often has a way of overdriving the preamp to introduce distortion, and a power amp stage that drives the speakers. Much of the appealing sound quality of the electric guitar is due to the way the amplifier does all this.

You can also plug a an electric guitar straight into a mixer's preamp channel, but this usually sounds pretty dreadful by itself. The reason is that this approach does not allow for all the "magic" that a good guitar amp imparts to the guitar signal in creating the sound that is heard out of its speakers -- it's merely a hi-fi amplification of the raw guitar signal.

Thanx Alchuck, I should have been more specific in my last post, What I was trying to ask is that "What will happen if I connect the Electric guitar output to a microphone preamp" after reducing the levels of the built in guitar preamp, will it make a difference?

The reason I am asking this is because my built in guitar preamp has so many loose connections if I increase the level, so is there any way I can bypass the built in guitar preamp and connect the signal to my own external preamp?

Back