One of my later ones, some critiques please?

Mindcore

I usually just sit infront of my computer with my guitar, track stuff and sometimes something sticks, then I build on it, and in a 1/2 hour or so, I come up with stuff like this.

Lately, I've become obsessed with recording stuff with a little more ummm listenability?

Problem is, save for a few, most of my recordings sound like this, I want more, not sure where to go from here, I know what I like when I hear it, but getting thier is tough. Also thinking some upgraded gear as well.

Currently I'm using an Audiophile 24/96 UB1204 mixer, and SM57 and SP B1 mics

I welcome all responses.

Thanks

http://if.iroque.com/Music/Vertigo.wma

Good songwriting (catchy) and good guitar playing with nice chnage ups on the guitar tones.

Good mix, except for maybe a bit too much reverb on the vocals - just IMHO.

I think you're going in the right direction, original, well played, maybe a bit of work on the vocal track but overall a good tune ..... :cool:

Thank you,

Thoughts on the overall sound quality? All my recordings just seem to be missing that in your face sheen that I suppose only 100k in gear, and masters behind the gear can get.

I've grown up with the 90/10 rule, but I feel like I'm stuck at 75!

The sound quality is pretty good - certainly getting a good sound now with the equipment you have.

- but you're not going to get that 100K sound without some upgrades ;)

A gear upgrade can be beneficial if you choose wisely. And it can get expensive.

I'm not the best person to ask but if I had to choose it would be microphone(s). I heard that mics are (after performance) a very important part of the signal chain.

Anybody else out there have any input?

Thanks again, the reality of my room sound ( terrible ) is really setting in, I think I need to get back to basics, before I move on.

Back