one last mp3 of my mix...advice...please !!

laughingcolors

is this any better than the last ? spent 2-3 more hours on it but my ears are so fatigued now....argh...

thanks again for any tips/hints/comments

thanks
Jon

I agree on the hard-panned drums. They don't sound too bad, though. Did you record them in the same room as where you did the vocals on the other tune you posted?

You've got some nice, lively accoustics wherever it is you're tracking some of this stuff, and I'm getting jealous. :D

yes they were both tracked in the same studio room. different areas in the room though..the drums went throughsome heavy EQ ...

the room really isnt that great for recording though... could be alot better...

Hmmmmm

If things were panned properly... widen the guitar crunch... change the EQ on the drums ... Is there bass? If so, turn it up and apply compression.

It's a good start.. yet it needs to be mixed.

Oh yeah... GATE the room noise that you hear in the beginning.

EnjoyRC said:
Hmmmmm

If things were panned properly

All this time, the doors and the beatles and countless others at the time were doing it wrong! (sarcasm)

Like I said before it works for some stuff, but not this song.

laughingcolors said:
the room really isnt that great for recording though... could be alot better...

I think it depens on what your goals are. A lot of indie artists I work with would really like that sound. It's raw (doesn't sound like a studio, which is good, in a way), but it's natural and honest, and it translates well on my monitors. I'm sure there are things that can be improved, but I'd try not to mess with it too much.

Back