Onboard Amp and Cab sim effects on hardware synths

gorgorsan

Hi! I am in search for my new keyboard workstation for home/studio use just to work on ideas for songs without the need to switch the computer on. I wonder which keyboard workstation has the best (most realistic) sounding amp and cab sims onboard. I am particularly asking about high gain sounds. Is it Kurzweil K2700, Roland Fantom, KORG Nautilus, Yamaha MODX Plus / Montage (M) or AKAI MPC Key 61? In standalone mode (without connecting it to computer) AKAI has Air Amp Sim Plugin onboard. I wonder, since it's a plugin, if it sounds more real than the ones on other hardware workstations mentioned above. I would like to get Korg Nautilus the most because it is the only one that supports streaming from HD so the RAM size ain't an issue but am not sure about the sims onboard. And since all these keyboards can load user sounds/libraries, I don't care about the onboard electric guitar samples quality. Thanks!

nothing can beat the fantoms.

the cab sims are decent. overall it is quite a system. familiar settings through the years, keeps it easy to use.

Back