On the Spot, Keeping the Groove.

Tremaine

Chancellor of the EOPA
hey dudes, me again.

im having a hard time, staying in the groove, while facking with reaper and the recording crap at the same time. or maybe im being put on the spot by the damned record button. anyway im trying to do everytihng myself. play the instruments and record it all. ideally this would not be so, but for now, while my band is dispersed, it is so.

maybe the biggest problem is im not having very much fun playing, while im striving for perfect technique.

i've been recording for months and i dont have anything completed yet. i keep deleting shit. im only working on my/our songs. so theres another curb im climbing.

i find i over ride the metronome at times, but i can work with my digitec pedals drum rifts, when they fit. then i record acustic drums over that and cut the digitec's out.

yea so i dont really know what im looking for here, if i did, id look it up. maybe just some encouraging words?

thanks dudes and dettes

quit trying for perfect technique so hard.
That 'stiffins' you up and you do lose groove doing that.
Try relaxing and playing for fun right now without regard to how good the project comes out.
Then once you're past that ...... you should be able to get more picky about what you're recording without it putting so much pressure on ya'.

Back