on the fly tune

Toki987

Rock Steady
This is my buddy on his Dad's 45+ year old J45 and me on b3 and bass. His dad wanted to hear his old guitar and He is rapidly aproaching a terminal state, so Randy grabbed an MD421 and the laptop and went by and striped the git tracks and I added the rest later. There`s some distortion right at the end I couldnt filter out but It don`t matter to his Dad. All of it was on the fly..

"Ain't nothin but a thang"

http://www.nowhereradio.com/artists/album.php?aid=2054&alid=-1

My stepdad has a '71 J45. I like it a lot but it is a bit boomy....I think your friends will be very impressed with the sound of his though...I know I am. Awesome job...

Listened to a few tunes. They're all really well-recorded and nicely arranged. Shweet shtuff.

Cool - love a good blues tune and this is definitely one of them. This is where it all comes from man.....Nice mix ..... :) :) :)

Hot tune man, really love the guitar sound in this track.
Nice sliding nice spread and sweet sound on everything.
Bass is nice and tight you only need some vox :D

You can here a little scrambling from the slide, but that really makes it classic Imho.

great work man :)

Thank you guys. It was just a little thing we did with no thought to production to get smile on his dad and let him hear his guitar again. Good Lord, he needed it.

Thats some awesomly sweet phrasing on the guitar parts there (ain't nothing but a thang)...Although right at end of this track, guitar parts slightly clip? EDIT: Ok, just read bit about distortion

Rust: Lovely chorusy guitars - 12 strings?, love the perscussion too, overall sweet... Very Celtic sounding, way cool. The dubby bass really works well. Almost reminds me of Joe Satriani's Rubina's Blue Sky Happiness (off Extremist album), but definitely unique and different too.

Hiway Robbery: Mellow, although I'm not sure I totally dig the drum sounds, but they do work... Nice laid back stuff overall though

:-)

Well recorded. Nice feel to the gtr lines but to my ear it's the bass that holds it all together... understated but played with a kind of strutting coolness. :cool:

Tim

Back