On the electronic side: I be jammin' wid TDKDP

The keyboard at the beginning (say :30-1:00) seems low in relation to the main beat.
The bass is not overloading on my PC speakers. It is actually very crisp, clear and snappy. I like the tone on that.
The main beat(s) carry nicely throughout the piece.
Nice keyboard licks going on all the way through - very nice....
The drums/percussion is mixed well - prominent for dancing but not over taking the rest of the mix. Good choice of beats.
Is there a guitar in there - sounds like one for a short bit there....
This is a great dance rhythm with some cool change-ups in the middle.
Cool ending.... ;)

:D :) :D :)

ido1957 said:
The keyboard at the beginning (say :30-1:00) seems low in relation to the main beat.
The bass is not overloading on my PC speakers. It is actually very crisp, clear and snappy. I like the tone on that.
The main beat(s) carry nicely throughout the piece.
Nice keyboard licks going on all the way through - very nice....
The drums/percussion is mixed well - prominent for dancing but not over taking the rest of the mix. Good choice of beats.
Is there a guitar in there - sounds like one for a short bit there....
This is a great dance rhythm with some cool change-ups in the middle.
Cool ending.... ;)

:D :) :D :)
Ido, thanks very much for listening and commenting. I appreciate your input :).

One other person said the same thing about the keys in the intro. I wanted to keep them as very subtle keeping you pulled in to just be struggling to hear what the heck they're playing. Now I guess I'll have to think about raising them since I've heard that one before also. :)

No guitar in there. I find it best not to ruin things like this by plugging in things that don't need to be there. :) But I do have a stringed instrument plugin in there to make those special sounds.

I'm glad you like it. Thanks for listening. :)

this is one of the best digi songs I've ever heard. awsome.

i like the keybord gently playing in the backround, I personally wouldn't raise it if I were you, it keeps you focused, rather than letting the music be forced into your head.

you managed to get some "feel" into the music, which is impressive for digi music.

again, Awsome job!

ido1957 said:

I agree.

The tune is very cool. How are you doing this?? I am trying to learn fruity loops right now, it seems very foreign to me, the whole 'loop' thing. The music is cool, the only suggestion would be to change a few patches, but I dont know what you have access to.

Very nice, good to hear something different here.

Nick_Black said:
this is one of the best digi songs I've ever heard. awsome.

i like the keybord gently playing in the backround, I personally wouldn't raise it if I were you, it keeps you focused, rather than letting the music be forced into your head.

you managed to get some "feel" into the music, which is impressive for digi music.

again, Awsome job!
Nick, thanks ever so much for listening and commenting. I am flattered by your comments. Thanks.

I hope more of my tracks engage the audience in the same manner. :)

Thanks again for listening. :)

DavidK said:
I agree.

The tune is very cool. How are you doing this?? I am trying to learn fruity loops right now, it seems very foreign to me, the whole 'loop' thing. The music is cool, the only suggestion would be to change a few patches, but I dont know what you have access to.

Very nice, good to hear something different here.
DavidK, thanks very much for listening and commenting. :)

I'm glad you like it. OK, so you would like a few patches changed. Did you have specific ones in mind or were you just thinking a different pallete of sounds might flow better?

---------

How am I doing this? On the whole? Or did you have a specific question. I'll see if I can answer it. Alternatively, I'd be open to sharing project files so you can see the entire work and how it is setup. :)

Thanks again for listening and commenting. I really appreciate it. :)

bigbubba said:
DavidK, thanks very much for listening and commenting. :)

I'm glad you like it. OK, so you would like a few patches changed. Did you have specific ones in mind or were you just thinking a different pallete of sounds might flow better?

---------

How am I doing this? On the whole? Or did you have a specific question. I'll see if I can answer it. Alternatively, I'd be open to sharing project files so you can see the entire work and how it is setup. :)

Thanks again for listening and commenting. I really appreciate it. :)

A. One of the leads struck me as cheezy. I would have to go back and find it, it sounded a bit too "casio" for my tastes.

2. Sure, I would love to see the project files. How? I am real new to this but eager to learn.

DavidK said:
A. One of the leads struck me as cheezy. I would have to go back and find it, it sounded a bit too "casio" for my tastes.

2. Sure, I would love to see the project files. How? I am real new to this but eager to learn.
One of your points is labelled A. and the other is numbered 2. :p.

A. - Sure if you point out which one you're talking about I might do something. :) Hehe, these are just the default sounds on most of my plugins that I used.

2. I could send you the FLStudio 4.0 project file and you could just open it to see the entire arrangement. I don't know what happens if you don't have all the plugins. I could send you a very basic "wanking" around project that only uses the most basic plugins. And later once you know your way around and know which plugins you have, I can send one of the other ones. :)

Just throwing out ideas. :)

The bass in this track sounds sweet on my system, very nice. Great sounds overall, a lot going on, and nothing stood out to me to adjust. A good mix in my opinion, good stuff English Muffin ;) Nice ending too :D

bigbubba said:
One of your points is labelled A. and the other is numbered 2. :p.

Seeing if you are paying attention :rolleyes: :D

At 3:09 is where I notice it. When the percussion stuff drops out, you can really hear the lead tone and there it sounds a lil casio sounding. Mayber a hint of chorus or something.

Sure, I would love to see the FL stuff, I will send you my email. I hope I can figure it out. PM coming...

SnakeDog5050 said:
The bass in this track sounds sweet on my system, very nice. Great sounds overall, a lot going on, and nothing stood out to me to adjust. A good mix in my opinion, good stuff English Muffin ;) Nice ending too :D
Hey SnakeDog5050, thanks for listening and commenting. :) I'm glad the mix sounds good and that I don't have to go back and mess with more EQ to fix thing. :D.

Thanks, I appreciate your input. :)

Thanks for sending the Song#5 file. :cool:

I find this fascinating lately, the whole FL thang. It's really quite an amazing program, I had no idea how involved it was. I am planning to spend a month or two learning it, I am sure it could take years to really master.

DavidK said:
Thanks for sending the Song#5 file. :cool:

I find this fascinating lately, the whole FL thang. It's really quite an amazing program, I had no idea how involved it was. I am planning to spend a month or two learning it, I am sure it could take years to really master.
Sure, dude! I hope you can also get into this FLStudio thing. Then we'll have more people here to bounce ideas off of.

One good thing about FLStudio is that they say once you buy it, then all future version of the same package (they have standard, producer, and XXL edition) are free for life. Of course, if some company buys them out and changes the rules, you're SOL but until then it should be cool.

On headphones here, it sounds very good. Not the kind of stuff I normally listen to (you could maybe throw the odd powerchord in :D ) but you did a good job on the mix. Arrangement is well constructed too

Very cool man. I like the bass alot seems to have the right amount of punch. I like the arrangement. It's easy to get distracted when listening to this style for me and this held my attention for sure. Wish i had some advice but this seems to all sit real well with me. Nice job man

take care

gary

Bulls Hit said:
On headphones here, it sounds very good. Not the kind of stuff I normally listen to (you could maybe throw the odd powerchord in :D ) but you did a good job on the mix. Arrangement is well constructed too
Bulls, thanks very much for listening and commenting. :) It is much appreciated. :)

Glad you liked it. :)

gbav said:
Very cool man. I like the bass alot seems to have the right amount of punch. I like the arrangement. It's easy to get distracted when listening to this style for me and this held my attention for sure. Wish i had some advice but this seems to all sit real well with me. Nice job man

take care

gary
Gary, thanks very much for listening and commenting. :) I appreciate it. :)

Especially, from someone like you and Bulls who have real creative arrangements, hearing good words means a lot. :)

Glad you liked it.

Low end seems fine to me...It can be strong at times, but never really seemed to be too much. It sounds well arranged and mixed. Some nice intricacies here and there, which keep it interesting.

I think it sounds pretty cool.

Sounds good. I agree the low end is fine. I think you did a fantastic job with the panning work on this. I'm not in to this type of music but found it very intersting to listen to because of the panning, arangement and diversity of sounds you throw in.

I'd agree about the beginig synth being a bit to low.

Great job!

F.S.

Back