on getting recognition

ridl

What are some people's thoughts on getting recognition as a skilled MC. Any ideas on the best way to do this? magazine interviews, unrelentless marketing?
Thanks

Do everything you can wherever you can.

It's like the man said...what does it take to be famous?

High recognition factor.

Make your face seen with as many different venues as you can and eventually people will start associating you as a guy "with the know" since you seem to be everywhere.

Lack of money, but not a lack of skill. A friend's getting fairly good home recording equipment soon and making a label. I'm going to attempt to make the cd as good as possible (I may supply a few of the beats) and timeless. I can't stand when you listen to an artists stuff and it sounds so dated and pathetic next to their newer material. Thanks.

3 kids from VA came to my studio this friday.

we need a producer, we got skills, yada, yada, yada.

i'm thinking what the f*** and who the f*** gave you my address, but OK, i'll take your money.

they are coming back next friday for their first session, and they've got my attention on a serious level.

i said that to say: do whatever you got to do to get heard. open mic nights at local clubs can get you enough recognition, to maybe open up for another local group, which might get you enough recognition to link up with a local producer who will take you seriously instead of work with you instead of jerking you for your dough and having you rhyming over tracks that 5 other local artists have already spit on.

A friend of mine got equipment and is creating a label and I'm signed now (http://www.jm-records.com/ridl). We have open mic nights in town. Once I get some beats and lyrics perfectly together/recorded I'll probably play some. I'm not gonna mess around with other rap acts around town. I'm friend with like 2 but they don't know I'm into it, when I believe I have more lyrical skill than both. I think once I get some tracks laid down that the recognition will come.

Back