On board sound

Flash

Hey guys, just got my new motherboard and processor. This motherboard has built in sound. My old one did not. There is no place to hook up the audio cable from the cd player. Am I right in assuming that the sound is going though the ide cable to the motherboard somehow? I also have the D-Man 2044 at the present time which runs off a PCI card. Is everything going to be fine? Any one have anything to say that might help me out? Thanks............

If you have win me or newer it uses digital audio instead of analog to play audio cds by default. I still like to set it to install a cable and set it to analog so it doesn't use and CPU power to process an aduio cd....

dman 2044

i have that same card.......have fun running it in anything BUT win98 : )

sweet card, tho - NO noise, lotsa ins/outs. It just sucks that midiman totally gave up on it. oh well.

ish

Well, I ended up disabling the on board audio and just installed the D-Man. Everything seems to work fine. It's nice to have my computer back.
ismael, 4 ins/4 outs is all I've needed up to this point. I agree about midiman just dropping it. Also the fact about running it on anything else except 98 is why I've never uped to XP. Times are gonna be changing for me soon though. I'm looking at the Delta 1010, and XP Pro. Be :cool:

Back