OMG Someone help me please!!!

badnews

Ok so after about a week of reading I still can't decide what to get
I want to improve my sound and I am using the M-Audio Firewire Solo and the AT3035 mic on my iMac

So I am undecided between the apogee Duet 2, RME Babyface, usbpre2, and the Focusrite ISA One Digital.

I really like the focusrite ISA but I am afraid that if I use the firewire solo with it, It will sound like crap. Which one of these do you think would get me the best sound. Im probably going to get the SM7B later and I only need one channel because I do commentary and rap vocals.

Someone please guide me in the right direction because I have no idea what to get and still have no idea what i should buy to improve my sound.

So thankyou in advance I appreciate all the advice! Thanks

Badnews,

I have recently worked with Apogee products. I setup a close friend with an Apogee One to record his strat and do light vocals through an SM58. I was blown away at the ease and functionality deployed from the One. Great sound, no hiccups and Garageband and Logic picked it up right away. I also spent some time with an older model Duet durning my Logic Training. Love it as well. I use a Multimix 8 firewire and have never experienced anything less than great results recording. Let us know which move you make, good luck!

Yea a lot of comparisons i read were with the duet 1 but it seems like everyone was saying the babyface was better
I wonder if the duet 2 is now better than the baby face?
So would I get better sound by getting a whole new interface instead of getting the focusrite ISA one digital and using my m-audio firewire solo with it?

This question answered would at least eliminate the ISA and would make my decision a lot easier

Badnews,

Hmm... I couldn't vouch for the Babyface, in fact never even heard of it before. Excuse my knowledge in that area. I will say that in my experience I like things that are designed to work with "said" components.

In aspect, what are you wanting in the end that you are not getting from your current setup? I have to agree with Moresound about the mic in general. Also, what in your signal chain you have identified as acceptable to your liking?

I agree that the mic has substantially more impact on the sound then the preamp, but the AT 3035 is no slouch in that department. So i'd say you have a tossup as far as which upgrade comes first. (wasn't that helpful??)

Back