omg...a new song!?!

avedic

new song...comments appreciated :)

here's another demo. i'm basically trying to write(and record) as much as possible with the hope of taking the best parts of each demo and recording a final album. here's my 3rd demo of the year. i only have a rough vocal melody and no lyrics...so i decided to present this one as an instrumental. it's a rough version with a basic drum loop purely for time keeping purposes.

http://www.myspace.com/seancannon1983 (it's the song titled "new demo february 2007")

Last edited:
Nice full sounding mix man.. Typing while listening : could it be that some of that piano in the background is quite off the beat?
I like the overall sound, but the acoustic guitar is too boomy for my taste, when it plays solo you hear a peak on every stroke (too much attack).
Interesting choice to let a drumcomputer do the work instead of organic drums. Makes it easy to listen to.
Cheers!

Nice full sounding mix man.. Typing while listening : could it be that some of that piano in the background is quite off the beat?
------------------
it most certainly could be....and is. :) im not a piano player...i just wanted to get the basic gist down. i wanted sort of a choppy clinky piano sound...so i came up with that. would play it better on a final version.

I like the overall sound, but the acoustic guitar is too boomy for my taste, when it plays solo you hear a peak on every stroke (too much attack).
------------------
good point. i don't like the sound either. listen to the first song i have....i recorded it using the same setup and like the sound of the acoustic much better....for whatever reason.

Interesting choice to let a drumcomputer do the work instead of organic drums. Makes it easy to listen to.
------------------
oh...if i were to ever record a final version of this i would surely use live drums. :)

I'd love to hear some vocals on this. Mix is kind of raw, but I love the groove and melody...it reminds me a lot of Radiohead.

I agree that the acoustic is sort of boomy, and you might want to fix up those drums some to make them sound more realistic. For one, you could increase the sustain of the snare. I think the overall snare sound fits the tune well, but that fast cutoff makes it sound fake.

Also, is one of the guitars out of tune?

Brad

Back