OMEN (Dubstep) by Rockonin

rockonin

Hey guys here's a song that i have just finished. I got the the idea from a ghost hunting show in the UK called Most Haunted (i sampled the dialogue from the show where the so called psychic says "Mary loves Dick" lol I wrote this song using the C Harmonic minor scale. I used a 145bpm tempo for most the song, then i ramped it up to 165bpm in the bridge. The synths were made using Massive, Genesis and Alchemy, and Church Organ 2nd VST's.
Let me know what you think. Cheers

I like it. Sounds good. Organ sounds great. Seems kind of fast for "dubstep" but I admit I don't know all the rules and regulations between the electro genres. Thr "Mary loves dick" bits are great. :D

Really cool track. Sounds fine to me, the only things I could really critique about it are the organs in the beginning. They sound a little harsh on the high end and a little bit tiny. Maybe a little high end cut and a small amount of reverb would help, but honestly it's pretty good as is.

Seems kind of fast for "dubstep"

Yeah i originally had it at 140bpm but because the nature of the synth's, especially the organs, i increased the tempo to 145bpm which helped the song move along better. I don't really bother sticking to genre rules, rules are there to be broken :) I come from a heavy metal background so this is relatively new to me as well.

Yeah sounded cool. don't know the genre well. But it kind of sounded like an Addams Family organ in spots. is that normal?

Kick is a bit loud.

But overall it's real good.

Back