Omega studio??/monitors

soulsurf

I am thinking about buying a Lexicon pro Omega studio with usb hook up. I was wondering is usb as good as firewire as far as glitches drop outs ect... or would a foucusrite saffire be better or even the presonus firebox? (the latter are firewire) or do u guys suggest a pci audio interface like the delta 66 with a 1604 vlz pro mixer? And while we are at it any suggestions on a good set of active monitors for vocals and electric, acoustic guitars and congo bongo steel drums mainly for playin ska reggae around the 300 dollar a pair range. Any help suggestions would be great new to the game of recording been playing guitar for 15 years drums 5ish and want to take my recording to another level.

Hey thnx for the advice and those 8.2a's look like just the thing I was lookin for I am planning on going with a couple of AT4040 mic's for recording my guitar and drums. I was leaning towards the omega but I like the focusrite just as much like I said I'm new to recoeding so didnt know usb vs. firewire/ mixer vs. mixerless which device has good support and drivers and so on. Been using sonar with a crap audio card and radio shack mic lol. Them days are soon to be over thnx again for the advice.

Back