Old songs I did - need input

jsanfilippo5

These are 2 songs I did - tell me what you think, should i redo these?

Here is the first one
this is a song with a hair band kind of vibe, i may redo the whole style evrything - but I love the guitar solos.

Drum machine - SUCKS
HEADACHE

Th other one is a song that i truly love lyrics to and i am in the process of resdoing it, i dont know if i should even bother. let me know what you think

slipping away

let me know what you think - I know wthe drums on these recordings are horrible, and im not much of a vocalist so please be prepared.

Listening to Headache.

Right off, sounds amatuer but cool.
The writing could use some slight help. Pretty dated and cliche on the rhyme scheme...not that that's bad.
The singing is a problem but it sounds like you could pull it off if you practised a whole bunch.
Do you ever try singing scales?
It sounds like you have a hard time hearing precise pitch, you get most of the way to the note but sometimes not quite.
Try this, sit down with your guitar and hold the chords. Pluck the strings one by one and sing the notes making very sure to hit each note strong. Go through the whole song this way chord by chord everyday and I will guarrantee by the third day you will be 100% better.
Do what you can to make the phrasing cool and exciting but don't go over the top.

Some slidey synth line could spice this up a bunch.
Maybe someone around here will do some real drums for ya.

...got halfway, taking too long to load...

I like the feel of Slipping Away. It has a cool groove. the vocals seem a bit lost in the mix. Maybe just turn em up a bit? I like the melody in the chorus, but again, the guitar drowns out the voice. good tune!

g

Headache..

does have some ripping solos..but I don't think that it's worth doing it again unless you give it a major overhaul. I guess the 80s thing is kinda maybe on it's way back.??? So bottom line do what you want..BUT IMO the tune just isn't worth going back.

Slipping away...is definitely cool -- way more "modern" sounding and I think worth a little reworking....maybe in a kinda Staind feel or something??

bringing back some memories dude...lot's of guitars and lot's of hair! :cool:

Rock on!!

Back