Old School / New School

acattoir

I had this tune in equipment because of the way the drums were recorded. I've moved it over here so I can get some feedback.

It's an eclectic mix, old rock, rap, and even an ode to Zappa for a bridge.

This song is a rant about the people that are in positions of power and who ultimately only look out for there own gain all the while pretending to have our interests in mind. Maybe some of you will relate.

ac

"Page not found"

Ciro

*Tks for listening and the nice words about my songs, acattoir.

Hmmm..........Just checked it this morning and fine. Does it say "not found" again?

Anybody else having the same issue?

I'll keep investigating.

Does this one work for you?

The link worked fine for me.

You've got a pretty good song. It sounds kind of like a less guitar-heavy Extreme song.

The mix sounds good. The instruments are balanced with each other well.
However, the bridge felt like it was missing something. It seemed quiet and subdued relative to the rest of the song. Maybe bring the vocals out some more or add more instrumentation there?

The bridge probably could have been longer. I like what you did with the smarmy-sounding voice over, but I felt like the VO should have had more to say.

I didn't listen to the second mp3 here; I assume that's just the first one re-named?

Hey, Thanks for checking it out. I appreciate the comments. About the quiet bridge: How else will you hear my finger stretching swelled chords, nark, nark, nark?
I had much more content but opted to keep the tune at a reasonable length, maybe too reasonable.

The other link is another tune, a little different that this one. I posted it because another user was finding an error page. Jus trying to troubleshoot.

Check it out if you have a sec.

ac

Last edited:
Nice beat, nice riff, nice guitar tone. I really like the "rapping" part...it fits in well with this song. The vocals seem a little strained at some points. The Zappa part really does sound like him. Overall very good.

Cool song. I like the rapping part the song really takes off after that. The breakdown is pretty cool too. I can't really comment on the mix since I'm at work listening at low volume on PC speakers. I'll try and give this one a listen on my monitors when I get home.

Cool song. I like the rapping part the song really takes off after that. The breakdown is pretty cool too. I can't really comment on the mix since I'm at work listening at low volume on PC speakers. I'll try and give this one a listen on my monitors when I get home.

It's interessting that you picked up on the increase in energy at the point where the rap starts. (my kid btw) What happens there is I bring in a Blueman style drum loop. It's mixed way back but it's there and adds some punch. You can hear it in the short vamp before the chorus.
Thanks for listening,
ac

Tks for "email me" the songs, accatoir!

Congratulations!
Alvarez is a beautifull ballad...nice guitar tone, great feeling and playing - all instruments.
A little suggestion...a boost around 250 hz and the things can be even better (the "meat" of guitars and bass is improved this way, IMO...).

Ciro

Masquerade...

Killer vocals!
Love the guitar "groove" and the short guitar phrases (0:49, 2:09).Nice to listen the "mix" you did - great styles - I can "hear" some good 80´s things (King Krimson´s "red/blue/yellow" albuns,remeber?):D with some Jeff Beck vibe ...

Nice drums too ("played" or sampler?).Awesome groove.

Bass could up a bit, some mid frequencies too (something around 1 k)
My personal taste...

Congrats again and tks for sharing.

Ciro

Thank you so much for the nice words about the tune. I really do appreciate it. I played all the instruments on this one. Real drums, real guitars etc. The vox were my bud from past rock bands and the rap was my son "MC JLA" (his stage name)
Thanks again for the careful listen.
ac

Back