Old Roland Piano (HP2900-G)

TaxMan88

Roland HP 2900-G

Ok guys and dolls, here's the cunundrum:

I have an old (mid nineties) Roland digital piano model number HP2900-G. This thing is a little out of date, but I still love the piano tone on it. It's one of Roland's stationary type pianos with the onboard speakers, etc. Anyway, intermittently, the contact pads under that keys (the ones that control velocity or touch responsiveness) give out and have to be replaced. This happens every one to two years and costs about $150-$200 in parts/labor to do.

I was wondering if there are any Roland techs hanging around here who would help me find out how to do it myself. I've already enquired as to how much the parts would cost, and I've already taken the thing apart, so I see basically how it's done, but any suggestions would be appreciated.

When I talked with my local piano dealer (the guy who talked to Roland for me,) he told me that it's not just the pads that you've got to buy, but some other "mystery parts" that go along with the pads. I was also hoping someone on here would know what these were.

Any of you who have experience with this PLEASE help me out. I NEED TO USE THIS PIANO! :(

--Tax :D

Back