Old Dogz

Steve West

OK, I'm an old dog and just now wanting to venture into automated computer mixing. My question is this:

I am tracking on 2 synced ADAT XTs. What do I need to dump the 16 tracks into my computer for mixing. What program would you recommend that would best edit, automate, and store mixes so I can run them back out to 2 track DAT or CDR?

Thanks for any suggestions!

Old Dogz

Thanks so much! This looks like what I need to get the tracks into the computer. Now, what program would you recommend that would take the stored tracks and edit? I would want to cut and paste with a on screen mixer layout with the ability to index slider changes to tweek mixes. Would the program show the faders move like a vertual "flying fadder' setup for automated mixing? I would want to store mixes and go back later and edit without changing the over all mix.

This may sound like a dumb question as all programs probably have this capability, but I am just now starting into this digital age after kicking and screaming.

well my reply to your next question is purely based on the fact that I use this package myself...

Sonar 5 (either Studio or Producer edition)

but others will no doubt reccomend their own package... naturally ;)

Back