Old Analog Mixing Desk Pricing Help Needed

louisdeb

Hi so I bought this Roclab Audio Mixer MX881 a while ago for a bargain and I want to sell it on but want to get my money's worth. Any pricings please? (£ only if possible). It works fine etc etc.
SG1S3610.jpgSG1S3612.jpgSG1S3616.jpgSG1S3618.jpgSG1S3619.jpgSG1S3620.jpgSG1S3621.jpgSG1S3622.jpg

Without a photo of the I/O, it's worthless.

I have a feeling it isn't going to be worth selling even with a photo of the I/O... I'm assuming it's an older (mid-80's?) DJ/Karaoke mixer. I don't even see head amp gain controls.

The last one I can find went for £16.99.

Here it is
SG1S3623.jpg
I think it's '80s yeah. An the previous owner used it as a sub-mixer for drums, i think that's it's main use.

He wants pictures of the INPUT and OUTPUT jacks on the back, not the on-off switch.

Yep - Low-budget 2-zone* DJ console for use with $10 Radio Shack microphones.

Sort of like trying to put a price on a 12-bit ART reverb unit. It could possibly come in handy to someone, but it's so limited in potential use that I'm surprised the last one on e-bay sold at all.

The funny part is that if you wanted to use a normal microphone with it, you'd have to put a preamp worth more than the whole console in front of it just to bring the signal to line level.

* "2-zone" as in there were no ganged stereo inputs and usually the systems were run in mono. But there might be a loud zone for the dance floor and a quieter zone for near the bar ("L" would typically be the "Loud" area to make it easy to remember) and the pan knobs were used to balance between those two areas but still allow for a little extra oomph for the DJ/announcement mic.

Chumlee will give you eight bucks for it. :guitar: (That's a TV show reference for the locals)

Back