Oktava MK-101

giopad65

Hi everybody, do you have experience with the Oktava MK-101?
If I got it right, it should be a MK-012 "pencil" body with a LDC head on top of it.
Is it correct?
Do you thinkg that having a pair of MK-012 SDC mics, adding the 101 capsules could be an interesting choice?
Thank in advance.

I myself add a point.
Do you know the MK-104 capsule as well? Can you tell me what differences are to be found between MK-104 and MK-101, sound-wise?
Thank you.

I found a post dated some time ago about this subject, nevertheless I was wondering if somebody had more recent experiences about. ;)

You can find descriptions of the "100 series" capsule heads I was commissioned to write for Oktava-Online here:
Oktava 100 Series Microphones – Choice and Consistency

This dates from late 2006 or so but the capsules have remained as they were designed and described above.
Thank you Michael, I had already read those pages, nevertheless I went back to them and had some more reading. ;)
I was only wondering what actual differences are to be noticed between 101 and 104 (which appears to be way more expensive).
Thanks.

The MK-101 uses the "Bakelite" body capsule with 8-hole HF resonator discs as found in the 219, 319 and 2500. It sound is quite similar to the mid-focused Neumann K47 capsule. The MK-104 is an all-brass backplate capsule with unique hole pattern and no resonator discs. This capsule is light on the bass end and has a smoothly rising mid-to-HF response.

Back