ok

scottyd

my sound must be on its way out cause all my recordings are panning more to one side (left) not cool, ive checked cables, and its doing it on both mic and line in what else could it be? thats with just a guitar, no mixers or preamps, oh yeah heres the embarassing part its intergrated (gasp!)sound, also i do plan on getting a better sound card just for recording, what will happen to the intergrated? could i still use it for monitering or just pc use?or will i have to disable it all together?
]
my system

fic mainboard an19c
amd xp 2500 processor
512 m.b. pc 2700

Last edited:
You should be able to use the integrated sound as well as your new card. However when I was running 98, I had to disable the onboard sound to get my new card going. No issues with XP though

beam me up

scotty. when using on board sound and your recording you WILL
hear in the one channel while recording. but on playback you should be able to pan the track anywhere. in some packages
for multitracking if the track is configured as a STEREO track you wont be able to pan like this. so - configure the track as a MONO
track before recording .
also read my article in the newbie section on how to set up your monitoring. this might help you.
also if your using on board sound get to understand the windows volume control in accessories. if you use a mic preamp you should have LINE IN checked in volume control. try not using the mic in.
very noisy on most on board sound cards.

Back