Ok, there's something new up

by most hip-hop definitions, it wouldnt fit.
but fuck definitions.
i thought this was pretty dope.
Reminded me of Radiohead.
good shit man.

Yeah this is definitely different than what you normally hear...but hey it has some hip hop elements in it and that's all you need really. You play guitar? Nice stuff in there with that man. Seems like you have a great deal of influences going into your tracks. Keep it up

Hell yeah, fuck definitions! The only way anyone got anything new done was by fucking with shit. Thanks guys. It wasn't originally intended to be a hip hop track, but I thought it could work like that. Maybe not, maybe I'll post it in the songwriting forum or something and see what they think. Thanks for the positive feedback though.

I play guitar, but that's actually my buddy Lukas (hence the title). I had the beat and I had an idea of a guitar part, but I couldn't make it come out the way I wanted, and he swooped in and picked it up like a champ.

Thanks again, I really appreciate the feedback (especially the Radiohead comment, that rules that it reminds you of them).

Interesting...

As far as hiphop...i wouldnt say it would work, but it has MANY good elements. I kept hearing different combinations of some of the parts in my head -- its rough, but DEFINITELY worth revising! Sounds more like rock to me tho, especially from 1:10 on.

OUCH!!! Whats with that high pitched sound that blows your ears out around :45? lol that HURT, other than that I loved the guitar :-)

Back