OK rerecorded a song for our first video

warlock

So let me know what you think. It's going to be in a video for promo and stuff so be brutal :).
Tracked by a fellow engineer with a little help from me in our rehearsal room. Mixed by me.
And if anyone is interested I'll post the equipment it was done with.

mp3:

stream: http://www.whisperingforest.net/12345/WF - Flamescape.m3u

This is unmastered and still not 100% finished, but I don't want to overtinker with it too.

Thanks,
Keijo

Cool. Did you ever hear of a band called "Type O Negative?" It reminded me a bit of them. Very cool female backing vocals. Good hook. Sounded good. Nice job on the recording. Good luck with this!

Nice and heavy.

www.mp3.com/samicide

Excellent job. It really doesn't need much mixing done, really. I guess a little more power to guitar tone would be needed, but I'm a guitarist, so I always pay attention (maybe too much) to guitar tone. It works well with the female singer also. Maybe a little too much of the scandinavian 'R' in the vocals if you know what I mean. You shouldn't over-use it, or else you'll sound a bit too much like Dracula ;) Not a serious flaw, really, but just my opinion. Song is really good and professional. Should work.

great intro,{with the bg vocals sounds too} and the vocals sound great.

I love the female vox too. I think when this is mastered, it'll be a monster...great tune, recording, singing, gtrs...
Really good catchy tune....I have no critisisms at all, except maybe a "wilder" gtr lead (maybe kinda like the machine gun effect in that one Billy Idol song as an example) After the break...great dynamics.

well...maybe a synth pad behind the intro gtr...but that might be too much.

what do you do to get your gtr sound??

Cool, thanks for the comments.

Sabbath: ofcourse I know ToN, one of my (and the singers)favourite bands.

Mixmkr: We used Ibanez RG550 > Zoom superplayer (amp sim) with the Zoom TriMetal dist on the FX loop > Marshall JCM2550 Head (Slash Signature Series) > 2x12" cab. Miked with a MD421 and U87 both in front of the speakers a little off axis and off the center of the cone.

Keijo

I agree about the"bump." Personally, I don't think things gets much better recorded around here, and put in the right context, this is pro to the end. A lot of home reccors are missing a lot of good recorded stuff, such as songs/post like this. maybe a lot of views/listens, and minimal responses are happening...possibly. this might not be everyones 'cup-o-tea' (like GEC's hip-hop, is to me...but very good in its own right), but the MP3 clinic shows some real talent around here.

Back