Ok...I'm stumped (Tascam 488) where is the fx return??

Octava219

I am looking at an older 488 and it has two 1/4 sends for effects. An fx pot on each channel and 2 master fx return pots. But no fx return input!! Huh? is this some kind of Tascam trickery?? I had a 244 and it was a workhorse, but alas it has moved on to the great multitracker beyond...but it sho nuff had a fx return!!! What am I missing? help me out and thanks..

My MM-1 has four aux sends with stereo returns. The returns all use insert cables. There's a chance the "send and return" on the 488 is actually an insert, although I don't see how that could work if there are master return levels. An insert comes out of one channel and goes through the effect and back into the same channel.

The send/return thingy runs thus; go out of that input in the back, into the particular effect unit that you are using, then back into the 488 at input 'track' 9 and 10. Adjust the effect levels depending on which tracks you want effected [1,2,5,6, and 3,4,7 and 8] at track 9/10, at the adjusters that say 1 and 2 and on the track channel strips themselves. By adjusting all three you can get more than well effected sounds.

Back