OK, I'll bite...

I listened to "Run" and "When I Grew Up." On Run, After listening, I am still not sure what the main instrument is. Is it a keyboard trying to be a guitar? It almost sounds like a close-miked harpsichord. It's all string sound. Not sure if I like the up-front quality, but it is certainly unique.

You have some musical ability. There are some timing issues with the playing, however.

My main complaint is the singing. It is very pitchy and lacks any confidence. I like a lot of the lyrics, but the singing really ruins it for me. You might benefit from some voice lessons. Your songs would thank you.

scrubs said:
I listened to "Run" and "When I Grew Up." On Run, After listening, I am still not sure what the main instrument is. Is it a keyboard trying to be a guitar? It almost sounds like a close-miked harpsichord. It's all string sound. Not sure if I like the up-front quality, but it is certainly unique.

It's a sampled guitar played on the keyboard.

scrubs said:
You have some musical ability. There are some timing issues with the playing, however.

My main complaint is the singing. It is very pitchy and lacks any confidence. I like a lot of the lyrics, but the singing really ruins it for me. You might benefit from some voice lessons. Your songs would thank you.

Thanks for the honest critique. There was a flub-up near the end with the sampled acoustic part but I kept it as "improvisation". Maybe I'll retrack it to fix the apparent timing mistakes -- keeping the notes but playing it in time better.

I haven't put much time into the singing nor tracking the vocals at all. I might look into local lessons by checking the local music stores. I hope they're not too expensive.

I'm not too sure what you mean by "pitchy". Wavering perhaps? Maybe I'll retrack the sampled acousitc and the voice (but I'll probably keep the electirc guitar as is. There were some fluky harmonics with it that I like).

Thanks again for the feedback.

Daryle

pitchy means youre not on pitch. out of tune.

some people can hear pitch variations a lot better than others.

if you watch american idol they use the term a lot. it could give you an idea of what singers have to strive for.

Back