Ok..Help Me Build My Studio Building!!!

newatthis

Here is the deal. Within the last couple years, I have thrown together a piece by piece home studio in my brothers basement. He isnt into recording, but does do live sound mixing for his Church, and their events,, and also for my Cover Rock Band as well. He built a new house and had the basement empty. He said, you fix it up, you can use it whenever you want. So thats what I did.

Well, now the drive and in inconvienience is getting the best of me (especially when I am trying to record vocals for a CD Project I am currently engineering, and his dog barks upstairs pr the kids are running around etc etc! :eek:

So,,,I am looking into getting a variance from my Borough to allow me to build a 27ft X 30ft Building at the rear of my house by our pool. I told them this will be a "Pool Building" because its close to our inground pool, but its going to actually be my Studio. (I'd never get the approval for the variance if they thought a Studio (and noise that goes with it) was what I was actually building. LOL

You'll see on my signature my toys and the current space I use
http://www.recordingstudio911.com

Its NOT constructed for a Studio as I didnt know I was going to get this hooked into recording. I blame this damn site. LOL (Ya gotta love it!!) :D

Anyway, now that I AM into this whole recording thing, I want to build this building here at the house and make it happen. Not big bucks commercial, but an affordable home type studio,,thats on steriods. :D

Here is my question,,,,,, What would be a good AFFORDABLE way to build the building itself to make it as sound proof as possible? I was thinking making it a Block building and filling the blocks up with sand as the courses are laid (does that really work??) lol Or,,I was thinking just framing it and then using insulation and several sheets or dry wall on the inside with spaces between the drywall sheets>>?

Does anyone have any ideas what the best and most affordable way to go would be?? I cant build this thing if its going to keep the neighbors up due to sound and noise of kick drums and bass. I live in a very quiet development with Doctors and Lawyers (as neighbors) and all those type people who like to bitch and complain all the time. :D

So, anyone have any suggestions?? (and No "MOVE" isnt an option!) LOL

Thanks and Peace
Aj :cool:

Back