OK, for you complaining, here is a first shot at a TUBE PA

Thatupstateguy

This is a KNIGHT Tube driven PA

model 93-370

Two 6L6 drive tubes, a 5U4 rectumfrier tube,... and 2 6SC7 preamp tubes as you can see by the photos, it is not stock... it has been altered by the addition of two 1/4" jacks for the output, which is awesome by the way!!!!
and a 1/4" jack for the input, as well as the original old mic connector.
I did try a few different mics thru it, and used some PA cabs with 10" and horns....
says on it that the output is 130 watts,..... maybe peak for two seconds or so, but I doubt it..... 6L6s are at optimum about 25 watts each,.... so at best maybe 50 watts... PLENTY LOUD FOR A HARP, Or even a Guitar...????? IT will push a 12"X4 cab without a hitch, (8 ohm I believe, but check the schematic for sure.) and this is an old amp,... not meaning its tired, just in need of a refurbish and checkup.
Maybe replace any weak components. caps etc.
and JUST BECAUSE IT IS HERE FIRST, and I HAVE BEEN A MEMBER OF THIS PLACE For ever......(for a very long time):p

I will include at NO extra cost, and ONLY to members here...a complete SAMS PHOTOFACTS of this amp, which includes the schematics and descriptions with pics of the original unit.
an extra set of tubes,..... RCA,Sylvania,GE, and several other names come to mind, in my minds inventory of the required tubes.....

SO, with THAT in play,..... we NOW have to say.....

ZZZZZZUP MANG
:eek::rolleyes:

best offers till Sunday, then it goes up on the BAY

call me if n you need it bad!!!!! PM for a phone #

Steve

Attachments

• GEDC0106.JPG
    GEDC0106.JPG
    20.8 KB · Views: 150
  • GEDC0107.JPG
    GEDC0107.JPG
    22.9 KB · Views: 145
  • GEDC0109.JPG
    GEDC0109.JPG
    24.8 KB · Views: 146
  • GEDC0115.JPG
    GEDC0115.JPG
    22.5 KB · Views: 143
Last edited:
AND it does sound wonderful with the right player, and mic, and harp!!!!!!!!

Course with some NOS tubes inner as well!!!!!!

say WATT<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<?????:confused:

:D

OK with all the extras I will entertain any offers over $150.

I am putting it on the Bay for a starting bid at that.

U figure it out.

worth EVERY dime.:cool:

If you look at the photos, there appears to be another socket on the top of the chassis.

That is actually a plug in for turntable power, and a bit further towards the front of the chassis is an RCA jack for the same turntable.

Nobody interested in this,..... It is powerful enough, at about 50 watts,

to be a fairly LOUD guitar amp.... all you need is a cab to hook it up to

Output is pretty close to what my UNIVOX amp is,.... and it drives a twin 12" cab.

I have two twin 12" cabs that sound absolutely great with this..

I have decided that NOS RCA 6L6 tubes will be included as well as an extra 5U4 and I will have to hunt for the others..but will include them as well.

Sunday is approaching fast...... I cannot wait for stragglers,....

If you are even remotely interested in this please contact me..... or post here to let me know...

Steve

This is a bump because SOMEONE here said they were offended by a posting for equipment that was listed on Ebay.

So I listed this piece here to pacify that individual, and SO far have gotten a total of......

ZERO....<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

response to this very desirable tube amp.

as I originally have done since I joined this site,

as I will in the future.........

I will post a link to my Ebay auction where there is something that may be of interest to the folks here.

and as for the individual who was offended by this type of action......

DO NOT CLICK MY THREAD IF IT OFFENDS YOU

simple solution eh...???

Steve:p

I am responding as well to the notion that I am 'IN BUSINESS' and that by joining sites such as this one,

I am here to justify 'SELLING' gear to members, and THAT is the main reason for being a member.....

so maybe there are individuals that are here for that purpose,.... maybe they ONLY joined to promote sales for THEIR business, and they could not care LESS about contributions to the community.

I am not one of those, and I am VERY offended by those types of accusations...

EVEN if they are not directed at me personally, I do take offense to the insinuation that I belong to that group.

I did try to be a part of the overall community, and being an online one, it has a certain amount of anonymity associated with ANYTHING online.

That being the case,.... I am unafraid of posting things here because I have a TRUST of the members here that includes an underlying feel of 'Family'

With that concept, it also means tiffs, and spats about semantics, as with ANY OTHER FAMILY.

Thanks for listening....

Steve:o

Guys, I received a message from Steve elsewhere which would indicate he may not be back on the forums or contactable outside the forums. The reasons for his depature are for him to know but I have little doubt that the attitude and comments made here recently by some narrow minded people certainly didn't help.

It looks like we have "lost" one of HR's original good guys :mad:

:cool:

Some people have expressed a very inflexible opinion regarding posting of Ebay links, unfortunately, the manner of some posts and/or posters, could easily be construed or interpreted as though they were attempting to impose their opinions rather than simply expressing them.

Steve/UpState had posted links to some gear he had on Ebay and it wouldn't be unreasonable to suspect that some comments from the above mentioned people were snide, backdoor attacks aimed in his direction.

:cool:

Who said what????

Undoubtedly they are referring to this.

Posting eBay auctions is a double-edged sword. For every person who is wary of buying something directly from another member on the board, there is someone who doesn't want to use eBay for myriad reasons. I'm sure most of those people don't know that the seller can end the auction at any time up until the last 12 hours, and when all the info you have is the name of the item as the thread subject, and a link to the auction as the body of the post, the first thought isn't going to be "I should contact him to see if he'll cancel his auction", but rather its "oh, another eBay link" followed by a quick click on the browser's Back button.

Personally when I open a thread about an item for sale, I want to see info about the gear posted right here by the seller, with a price and instructions for the best way to contact about purchasing said item. But that's just me.

Back