Ok cheesy 80's hair metal pt II

I'd push the guitar a little to the left, that would allow more space in the mix. Currently it sounds as if everything is dead center (vox, drums, bass, guitar). There might be another (2nd) guitar hidden in there, if so, push that a little right.

thanks sometimes when I pan things it sounds too like too much through my monitors so I cut it back closer to center and the end result is something that sounds like no pan at all. Something I'm still trying to work out.

Quite possibly the worst mixed vocals I have ever heard on a recording. The vocals were GREAT, don't get me wrong, just the worst mix into a song I think I have ever heard. Great tune, though, just VERY bad mixing. Maybe it is just my shitty comp speakers :(
Awesome '80s vibe, man!

Nice guitar playing/tone..Play well off each other...
Is that two different lead players - both unique and CHUNKY :).
Wow vocalist(s) can sing!

Maybe some things I would look at .....
Could use a bit more bottom ? on the vocals. Compression?
Bring the drums down (less echo?) at the beginning and up during the song.
Bass Guitar / Bass Drum need more presence.

Overall good ...... definitely a potent tune.

Yeah, I'd second panning the guitars harder. Bass tone presence could be more as well. I could feel the kick through the sub on my computer speakers, but there was no real definable kick drum tone. Drums do get sort of drowned out during the main body of the song. Also, the guitars seem to decay too quickly in one part near the beginning (the part starting at 1:02 or so). Vocals do seem to overpower a bit.

However, you're off to a great start, I think. Guitar tones are pretty damn good.

Thanks everyone for your input. I agree totally with everything. Except the concept about the vocals being off in the mix. I thought they were good. and I know the bass guitar is kind of missing. it's there he was just being a baby that day and didn't play well. so i just held him back in the mix. Good guitar tone = taking your time and getting it to sound right before you hit record. By the way this was a song written and recorded in one day for a music industry class project at the college I attend. I'm also going to get our power ballad up on the same page. you can't have an 80's rock band without a power ballad, can you?

Back