OH's help me decide

Dwnlow68

looking to get a matched pair of OH's and going in the direction of Octava MK-012 or the MK-319 or is there anything better in that price range? can go higher if need be...thnx

Dwnlow68 said:
looking to get a matched pair of OH's and going in the direction of Octava MK-012 or the MK-319 or is there anything better in that price range? can go higher if need be...thnx

If you go with the MK-319's I would recommend getting them from oktavamod.com

Let's not forget the 603's (Marshall MXL 603s), a few years back when i bought them they were around $200 for 2. But im sure they are cheaper now. But they are great mics for overheads and acoustic guitar!

the drums in this song were recorded with the 603s as over heads.

"girls that say like" www.myspace.com/factnotfiction2

Zeke

I use MK-012's but I have to tell you, I am just as confident in my MSH-1's as I am the Oktava's....and for the price differance, you just have to try the MSH's....even if you dont like them (which im sure you will)...you havn't lost much...

thajeremy said:
I use MK-012's but I have to tell you, I am just as confident in my MSH-1's as I am the Oktava's....and for the price differance, you just have to try the MSH's....even if you dont like them (which im sure you will)...you havn't lost much...

.............I'm also confident... that I'd chose the Oktavas.

Supercreep said:
.............I'm also confident... that I'd chose the Oktavas.

I'm pretty sure I would, too. I've never tried the MSH mics for overheads, admittedly, and I do like the MSH mics for various things... but the stereo image from a pair of MK-012 mics in an X/Y pair is just freaking gorgeous. Since I put the Oktavas up there, I haven't bothered trying anything else for overheads, and I doubt I will any time soon....

thnx for all the help... it's looking like I'm gonna get the MK-012's but I may also get a pair of MSH's since they have a great price... gonna have to hold off on the AT 40 series (a little out of my price range) until later... you guys rock and are a wealth of information

Back