Oh No! Anna Nicole Smith Is Dead!

rory

I'll be passing around the collection plate momentarily...

OK, to make this not completely off topic. What mic should I use to record the press conference that is going to happen shortly? I want some crowd noise, but not too much. Should I do an x/y pair, spaced pair, or just one mic???

noisedude said:
But are you sure it'll work for $200 rap?

well for $200 you would need a pair of SM57s. and of course it will work it's a fucking SM57. :rolleyes:

:D

The second coming of MM is now complete, except of course for the consperacy theories about her death. You don't suppose drugs could be involved, do you? :eek:

zed32 said:
well for $200 you would need a pair of SM57s. and of course it will work it's a fucking SM57. :rolleyes:

:D
Thanks for clearing that up.

Do I need a special lead or do I connect it straight to my PC?

who is anna nicole?

sounds like a hot name, was she hot?

was she Vista-ready? WILL THE LATENCY IMPROVE!!?!?!!

The press conference question immediately reminded me of a joke:

You're a photographer walking in the woods. You see a man standing on a bridge preparing to jump to his death. You can either take the picture knowing that you'll take the shot of a lifetime or you can save the man's life. So the question is....
What F-Stop setting do you use on the camera? :D

I'd use one MXL 990 "L"DC, facing the furthest corner in the room. I'd also get it as high as possible. Of course, LOTS of milky gain!

TragikRemix said:
i know who anna nicole is.. i was joking.

no reason for the negative rep... sign it next time buddy.
Neg rep for acting like a dumbass? :confused:

Shit, that's half the fun of being here... :mad:

thats my point!

geez. i can't record for shit but i can be stupid pretty good, so let me go with that!

I'd use a bidirectional mic to pick up the crowd noise as well. But that might make it too loud. In that case, I'd opt for an cardioid design and point it off axis.

Back