Oh my, another 1.5

bobbo

I thought I'd join in on the 1.5 fun. Damn it I had to do a few takes on the guitars because I kept screwing up, and then after my vocals were done I found I didn't put enough reverb on them so they might sound sort of dry and....well, bad. haha
It was fun though I have to say, I stubbed my toe running though. I was running out of time and made a quick mp3, played it, and then found out that I forgot to take down the volumes on a vocal track and it had all this noise of me running and burping and such, so I had to go back and take that out, too bad it didn't have me stubbing my toe or I would have left it for you. So it took a few more minutes to get rid of that.
Well, here it is, and thanks for the fun:
http://www.nowhereradio.com/artists/album.php?aid=1636&alid=-1

I like it.. sounds like something that I might just could achieve. If I had a bass and some congas!... lol . the first half is quite nice and cozy sounding.. sorry about the toe.. I think that all in all it was worth it. this is a very kewl song. the Vox sound good in the mix to me. I like your panning techniques and FX for the vox.. it fits this song very well production-wise IMO of course.

Rock on man!

nice guitar playing man... the words are a little.... uh... "odd"... though... :p

WATYF

that guitar..wow..
what??......hahahahahahahahaha..."once there was a chicken'..
man what is the deeper meaning to this?..i know there is one...im just dumb.....so then.. you can sing great....and when the the git kicks in with the faster strumming deal....man this is a cool song...
bass sounds good too...."and ill shooooooooow you one"..the harmony on that is great.
hey can i hear like a snare rim clicking in there??...

Thanks for your listening and all. :) God I wish I had some drums, I think the stick you might have heard Jamal could have been a bump or something, or me moving around in this old rickety chair. haha. Or it could have been the back of the guitar that I was hitting with my fingers for the conga effect, I hope it worked out ok. I just wanted something in there quick at the last moment, some kind of percusion.
I really don't know what I was writing about, just something to put on paper I guess. All I heard when I was trying to write something was "chicken". Or maybe I was just hungry or something, I usually am. hehehe
I sure wish I could play like you guys though after hearing everyone elses stuff.

ahhh, you dont need no drums, what you had on there was fine. You can make that into a kickin tune man. I like the ryhtym thru the whole thing and the vamp at the end could be filled with hundreds of guitars doing stuff. You did a nice job capturing that guitar too.

tres cool

Nice acoustics. I like the way your vocals come across... the delivery rules... almost half-caring/half-asleep... but cool.

Cool style... great for 1.5... damn... this means I gotta start practicing? lol... You know what would really work on this? Some hand-made percussion... ex. tapping the guitar body, wood blocks, etc... a good one to do "right" when the challenge is over.

Chad

:cool: bobbo, man, this is super. no drums needed. great guitar work, both sides.

dtb

Hey thanks a lot guys. This was really a hard thing to do, but fun. I'm glad we have more than 1.5 hrs in a day.
Vox, I looked up that band and listened to a song by them and I like them. I'll look for their music.
Now, back to some more listening.

Man that is some sweeeeeet acoustic playing going on there. Reminds me of some Jimmy Page acoustic stuff. I know Col Sanders would appreciate this as much as I do..."once there was a chicken" or as fat bastard would say "and he ended up IN MY BELLY!!!" I really like that guitar sound. Interesting vocals...I like em!!!

This was a great song actually. Secetly I wish I could fingerpick like that. I've tried and just cant do it....Some nice guitar playing. Great vocals and I loved the feel of the bass. I would love to hear the final version. You dont need drums for this song man.
Myx

nice tune. I loved that outro interlude thing. that was classic. It inspired me to come up with some new stuff in that veign. What's your recording chain on the acoustic? What kind of acoustic?

do..."once there was a chicken" or as fat bastard would say "and he ended up IN MY BELLY!!!"
Thats really funny King Elvis:D My girlfriend works somewhere where there's a midget and a very large man, and sometimes they'll play around and the midget will run around and act like mini me, and the big guy will be fat bastard and start yelling, "get in ma belly!"

Thanks Myx and Rick!

JR#97, thanks too. I'm using my new friend I just purchased, its a taylor 414. I had to give my old guitar (and first) to my nephew who is starting to play guitar (it was a family thing), so it made me save up and go searching for a new one. All I can say is that it is wonderful to play (its real nice for fingerpicking) and I sure like its sound for recording, although I'm just starting out learning about how to record it.
After the taylor, I'm using an akg c3000 condensor going to a mixer and then into an maudio delta 1010. Then I use ntracks, I think used a little reverb with a lexicon mpx 100. That was my setup for it.

Simon and Garfunkle ain't got sh*t on you,dude.This tune is kick ass.Hysterical opening line! :p Good stuff here...

Back