Offsetting a track

RickWaugh

This may not be the right terminology, but I'm hoping you folks can help me out. I have created a single track of an acoustic guitar. I have copied that track, so I have duplicates in the same project. I'd like to offset the one track from the other slightly, to get a bit of additional fullness. But the drag increments for the track are not low enough. I've turned off snapping, but it's still not quite good enough.

Using Cubase LE. I've been searching the help, and either I'm not using the right term, or I can't do it.

You can do it two ways.

In the Track Inspector you can adjust the time of the track forward or back.

Or, you can zoom in farther in the project window, and you can move the track by a sample if you want. (If you are zoomed way in)

If you right click on a track there is an "info" option. If you activate this it will open a black info bar above the locator bar at the top of the editor window. Inside that black bar there will be an option for offset. Personally, I find it best to use this method for offsetting. You could just manually move one track, but then if you need to do an edit they will not be the same.

Thanks, I ended up using the info bar, but changed the start time - worked, but I'll try the offset, too. There is so much in this tool that I don't use - I do single track acoustic guitar instrumentals, so it's mostly overkill, but I like how it works, and it sounds good.

Back