Off-line Processing -- Forgot how

BxD

I recall an easy method to take all of your tracks and "process them" -- in order to free up CPU resources afterwards. But I can't remember how to do it. I have 7.5 full. Searched around, played around -- can't find it. Can anyone help me out with this simple thing, that I simply can't recall? Tks in advance.

Don't know what to tell you for Cubase, but in Reason it's called bouncing clips. You bounce multiple clips (takes) from one track into a new track and it ignores the rest, basically. You can also get a track's sound down to science and then re-record it with fx, eq, and all to a new track with no fx or eq (they're already applied. Reaper uses something called Render for similar things. Don't know if any of that helps or sparks something you can search in your help file...

Bounce in Cubase is a different thing.

Are you talking about the 'Freeze' function? It seems to be hidden in default Cubase 7.5.

Right click on the project window where you select a track. Select 'Track Control Settings... You should see the 'Freeze' function on the left as 'hidden'. Click on 'Add' and then you will see it as an option when you select a track. It basically exports the track with the effects that are inserted on that track. It will not however do anything to free up resources for 'Sends'. This works great for VSTi's. You can toggle the 'Freeze' button and reactivate the effects or VSTi on that channel to make changes. Then Freeze again to save CPU power.

Hope that helps. :)

Back