Ode to Sharla

I would guess the reason you aren't getting replys is because it is an mp3 instead of streaming.

The song is very funky. It might not be an option for you but real drums that have a little more variety would make it a lot more interesting. The horn parts are cool, played well, and recorded well also. I don't know if something happened when I was downloading it or what, but the ending is very abrupt.

I don't know what to make of this. Some of the sounds are really "fake." Like the drums and the bass and everything else that's not a horn. The horns might sound fake too, but I don't know much about horns and they sound pretty darn good to me.

Reminds me of the music playing in a movie during an 80's montage while somebody is pounding the pavement trying to get a job and just getting rejected at every interview.

I don't know what to make of this. Some of the sounds are really "fake." Like the drums and the bass and everything else that's not a horn. The horns might sound fake too, but I don't know much about horns and they sound pretty darn good to me.

Reminds me of the music playing in a movie during an 80's montage while somebody is pounding the pavement trying to get a job and just getting rejected at every interview.

I definitely see what you guys are getting at about the drums....I guess maybe this isn't the best board to post this stuff on, as it's more stuff I record to chart out my ideas, rather than finalized concepts. If I were making a serious recording, I'd bring in my drummer friend, or at least take the time to create a more interesting drum part.

I'll try to stick to music forums more in the future, as I'm looking more for input on that end of it, rather than the production side.

Back